The Top 10 Oils
- Oregano oil is one of the most versatile and powerful essential oils.
- Oregano oil possesses a high concentration of both carvacol and thymol, two phenol chemicals with cleansing properties. This makes it one of the best cleaners in the essential oil world.
- Due to its high phenol content caution must be taken when inhaling or diffusing, and Oregano must be diluted when applied to the skin, as it is a hot oil.
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in a pasta or pizza sauce.
- Oregano oil benefits many homemade cleaners in a big way. For a quick and easy all-purpose cleaner, put 10 drops of Oregano essential oil into a 500ml spray bottle with water. Due to Oregano’s chemical makeup, it is a powerful cleansing and purifying agent. This simple spray is great for surfaces and countertops, even natural stone.
- Perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of work.
- When spending a day in front of the computer, use Ice Blue to sooth the tension in neck and shoulders.
- Apply on soles of feet and knees before and after a work out.
- Rub Ice Blue on your lower back after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
- Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary benefits.
- When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall spiritual and emotional wellness.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Massage on the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- On Guard can be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaner.
- When diffused, On Guard provides a pure and uplifting aroma.
- We love to diffuse On Guard or use it topically when we hear Elliot’s cough resurfacing.
- We use the doTERRA Touch Roller on the soles of our feet and down our spines to support our immune systems.
- Lavender promotes calm, relaxed feelings and is great to use to support a peaceful sleep.
- Applied topically, Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. It is always handy to have on hand to soothe skin.
- Use to ease itches, scapes, bites and stings.
- A hugely versatile oil, that can be used topically, aromatically or as a food additive.
- Rub on the stomach before flying or taking a road trip for a calming aroma.
- Take DigestZen internally when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.
- Tea Tree is renowned for its cleansing qualities and for revitalising the appearance of skin.
- You can add a few drops to a spray bottle with water for a natural cleaner around the home.
- We’ve used it a lot over the last few years to battle the constant nit issue you get when living at a school camp.
- Add a 1-2 drops to your cleanser because it can be used to cleanse and clarify the skin and nails and to support a healthy looking complexion.
- Easy Air is great to add to the shower floor, your hands or the diffuser to feel clear and calm when breathing.
- Ideal to be applied before a restful night’s sleep
- Use so that you are equipped for seasonal threats.
- It can also be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at nighttime to calm the senses before a restful nights sleep.
- We have been using it to support a ‘quieter’ night.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a midday pick-me-up.
- Add two to three drops to your favourite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist. We like to add it to our Bliss Balls and Chocolate Mousse.
- Put some Peppermint under your nose prior to exercise.
- Remember, less is more! 1 drop of Peppermint has the potency of about 28 cups of Peppermint tea.
- The best glass cleaner I have ever used is Lemon (about 10 drops), and 50/50 water and vinegar in a glass spray bottle.
- Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Take internally or rub on the bridge of your nose to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.