Our meal planning habits have changed a lot over the years. But we’ve settled on something that is working for us now.
Every second Friday, grocery day, we sit down and come up with between 12-14 meals we would like to eat for dinner that fortnight. We look at what we have in the freezer, as we still buy our meat in bulk and we just use what we have, we have a look at the veggies we have and what we have in the pantry. And write a list, then write our grocery list, shopping for anything extra we may need.
Then we write the meals onto our freezer, where we have a chalk board decal, and as we have them we rub the item off.
This fortnight’s meals:
- Homemade fish and chips
- Roast with vegetables
- Steak & vegetables
- Chicken drumsticks with roast vegetables
- Fried rice with egg
- Sausages with vegetables or salad
- Beef & quinoa patties from Life Changing Food cookbook
- Slow cooked chicken curry – I Quit Sugar Slow Cooker Cookbook
- Monday night dinner
- Slow cooked mushroom risotto
I’d love to hear what you do. Do you meal plan? Do you plan for all three meals of the day?