A couple of weeks ago I wrote about how I was no longer fun. I’d lost the fun in my life and I didn’t even know where to start to find it. Honestly, I’d stopped looking because that’s just what life had become, but then I realised that I owed it to myself to find my fun.
The post had such beautiful feedback, with a lot of you feeling the same, but also some lovely suggestions on where I could start looking.
And well, I thought with so many of you in a similar position to me, that you might like to hear some of the ideas.
- learn a language
- learn to play a music instrument like the ukulele
- crochet granny squares
- learn to juggle
- do exercise, make up a backyard circuit
- take up bird watching
- do puzzles, quizzes, games daily eg sudoku, crossword puzzles, logic games
- do something every day that makes YOU feel good
- spend more time with people who love you
- swim in rivers or ocean
I also really love the Simple Things magazine Could Do list.
Some things I’ve been doing to find fun/joy in my every day:
- I watched a great TedTalk that made me see the world a little differently
- I’ve been unashamedly me
- Baking all the sourdough
- Beginning to give less fucks
- I’ve tried unicycle riding and juggling and will continue to
- I’ve been listening to more music and have started putting together a Fun Times play list on Spotify.
- Spending more time with people who love me for me and chatting with them more when we can’t be together.
- Swimming in the river
- I’ve started doing yoga at home a couple of days a week. I love Yoga With Adriene when I can.
- #ZFTuesday are fun to get involved in
- Of course I use my essential oils to support me. And Ylang Ylang came into my life right as I needed it.
I’d love to hear your suggestions on how your find fun in daily life. I’ve definitely been feeling a bit more day to day joy, I’m not completely fun yet, but I’m working on it. And I’m finding the above things help, so I’m going to keep on doing them.