I mentioned in this fortnight’s meal plan that we’d having veggie patties this week, and that I’d share the recipe with you. It’s delicious, easy and a great one for doubling the recipe, making heaps and freezing for later.
I also mentioned in that I first had these patties the night after our wedding. We had a morning wedding down in the Otways. We got married on the beach at Blanket Bay at 11:30am almost 5 years ago. We moved on the to the Cape Otway Lighthouse for our brunch reception. Once things started to wrap up and some people headed home, the rest of us got out of our wedding attire and headed back to the beach because by then it was 42℃ in the Otways. That night we had a barbecue for the left over stragglers and Josh, a great friend of mine brought these veggie patties to share.
Over the last 5 years I have adapted it and today I am finally sharing the delicious recipe with you.
Let me know when you try this one.
What are your top 3 favourite burger toppings?
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup LSA
- 1 cup oats
- 1 medium sized onion chopped finely
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of finely grated carrot
- Mix everything together well.
- Use 1/2 cup measure to scoop. Compress firmly between you hands and shape into a burger patties.
- Heat about 1 cm depth of canola oil in large fry pan. Gently place the patties into the hot oil, cook at medium high heat for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favourite burger toppings.