Turkish Delight, you either love it or hate it. And then when you’d do love it there’s another two camps to choose from, sugar covered or chocolate covered.
I’m in the ‘I love Turkish Delight Camp’ as is J. So for a romantic Valentines Day treat I thought I would have a go at a ‘healthy’ version. Obviously, it’s still an eat in moderation type snack but a delicious treat to share with your loves any day of the week.
But with kombucha, beetroot juice and gelatine the ‘lolly’ part is quite good for you, the raw chocolate coating the outside just makes it!
How about you, do you love or hate Turkish Delight?
- Turkish Deight
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp rose water
- 3 1/3 tbsp gelatine powder
- 1 cup kombucha
- 1 tsp beetroot juice
- Raw Chocolate Coating
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Prepare 10 cm x 15 cm container or tray by putting a tiny bit of coconut oil on your fingers and rubbing over the container. Set aside.
- Mix together water, rose water and gelatine in small bowl until well combined and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan mix kombucha, beetroot juice until steaming, but not boiling.
- Turn off the heat, break gelatine into smaller chunks and stir into kombucha until completely dissolved.
- Pour into prepared container, place into fridge and allow to set for at least 4 hours.
- When turkish delight is completely set remove from container, cut off any discoloured foamy layer and cut into small squares. Return to the fridge.
- Prepare baking sheet with baking paper.
- Make raw chocolate by whisking all ingredients together.
- Use two forks to roll each turkish delight square until completely covered in raw chocolate. Place gently on to baking sheet and when completed put into fridge.
- When set store in a container in the fridge.