I love trying to use up every possible thing that we have available to us throughout the fortnight before doing groceries again. This delicious, simple, fresh, seasonal and locally sourced basil pesto pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes ticks all the boxes for me. Sure the pasta was from a packet but the basil was grown in our garden and the tomatoes at my Mum and Dads and I think that’s a pretty good start.
Just blend the pesto, stir it over cooked pasta and top with 10 halved and roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Basil Pesto
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/4 cup pan roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- pinch of salt and a crack of pepper
- a good lug of olive oil, enough to help everything bind and blend
- Add all the ingredients to your blender of choice, blend until smooth.
- Pour over cooked pasta and top with roasted tomatoes and shaved parmesan.