When we arrived in Bundaberg, the first thing we did (after dumping out bags in our rental house) was to head over to visit Jay’s Mum and Dad. We’d had a big day of travelling and so sat down and enjoyed a cuppa while they played with Elliot.
Jay’s Mum, Dell, brought out these amazing cookies. Sparkling in the Queensland sun, the outside had been rolled in sugar but still the cookie didn’t taste too sweet. Turns out the recipe was in fact Jay’s Grandma’s recipe.
I couldn’t stop eating them over the course of our visit, and of course I needed to know how to bake them! I’ve already baked them twice since we’ve been home, and I thought you needed to share in the shiney, sugary love!
Tell me in the comments below what your favourite family recipe is.
- 125 gm butter
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs well beaten
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Rub the butter into the flour, until it starts to look like bread crumbs.
- Add sugar and coconut.
- Beat eggs well and add to dry ingredients.
- Use hands to mix until well combined.
- Roll into small balls, and roll in sugar.
- Bake for 10 mins