Vegetarian Kofta in Tomato Sauce
Serves: 6 with rice
- 2 cups of grated veggies ( I used zucchini, sweet potato, carrot and broccoli. And make sure you use any stalks you can, no waste here.)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea/besan flower
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- oil for shallow frying – I used coconut
- Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 2 tbspn butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 1 tbspn dried basil
- Mix all ingredients together and squeeze firmly. Leave to sit for 30 mins
- Roll tablespoon amounts of the dough into balls. You’ll make about 24.
- Cook, rolling in the pan until balls are browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in pan until butter is melted.
- Add bay leaves and allow to fry for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and remove bay leaves and blend sauce with stick blender.
- Return to the heat and add kofta.
- Serve with rice or couscous.