There’s a couple of cafes near by that make amazing gluten free chocolate cakes, so I felt that maybe gluten free was the way to go, and boy was I right!
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- 200 gm butter
- 200 gm dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup white sugar
- 150 gm macadamia nuts
- Grease and line a 20 cm x 20 cm baking tray.
- Measure out the macadamia nuts, place on a baking tray and into the oven at 180* for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While waiting for macadamia nuts to brown, put butter and chocolate into heat proof bowl and melt over a double boiler.
- Once the butter and chocolate are melted and well combined, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Check on macadamia nuts. Once browned, chop roughly.
- Once cooled, add eggs one at a time and stir well. Once all eggs are added, add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared tray.
- Bake for between 25-30 mins, the edges will look cooked, but the middle will remain soft. Remove from oven and let cool completely in tray.