There’s nothing better than sausage rolls for lunch. J has a thing for bakery sausage rolls, you could say that he’s a connoisseur. We have two bakeries in our tiny town, I used to work at one of them, The Bakehouse, so you could say that I had an alliance to that bakery.
At this time of year, our small town’s population triples and MY bakery gets busy. Sometimes you could be waiting 30 mins to order and 45 mins to get your food. So the other day J and our tradie, Matt, went to THE OTHER BAKERY!
Now I don’t agree, but J thinks the sausage rolls and pies are way better from the other bakery, but my allegiance still lies with the good old Bakehouse. However, these veggo ones trump the lot of them.
Are you a sausage roll connoisseur? Bakery sausage rolls, or homemade veggo ones?
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tbspn soy sauce
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 500 gm cottage cheese
- puff pastry
- Mix all ingredients together, except the puff pastry.
- Cut pastry sheets in half, and spoon mix down the long center of the pastry. fold both sides over the filling.
- Cut to desired lengths.
- Place on grease tray, brush with milk.
- Bake at 180 for about 30 mins, or until golden.