I never thought I could be hungrier than while I was pregnant. I didn’t eat too much more than usual, but I did eat constantly.
Since I’ve started breast feeding I’ve been absolutely famished, needing constant food and snacking on things that aren’t necessarily great for me, biscuits, cakes, brownies.
So I needed to find a healthier alternative. These raw fried fruit and nut balls are being made by the bucket load and stored in a container in the freezer. They make amazing mid-night/mid-feed snacks and I don’t feel naughty for eating them by the handful.
I coated them in various toppings, toasted coconut, toasted sesame seeds and cacao, each adding a different element to the power ball.
Do you have any recommendations for healthy snacks?
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup saltanas
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Toasted sesame seeds, toasted coconut or cacao – to roll balls in
- Blend sunflower seeds, pepitas, cranberries, saltanas, apricots in food processor, until they start to come together.
- Add remaining ingredients (except last ingredient)
- Roll into bite sized balls, roll in desired coating.
- Store in freezer.