I love home made burgers. I love just being able to pull out all our random preserves from the fridge, pickles, beetroot, home made sauce, home grown salad goods and place them atop a perfectly cooked patty, on a toasted home made sourdough foccacia slab.
These days I’m home a lot more, I’m no longer working and am loving the calm before the baby storm which is bound to happen in the next 4-6 weeks. I’ve taken to the ‘stay at home house-wife’ roll with reckless abandon and am loving it (mostly).
Each day I come up with a dinner idea, usually early in the day and I work around that (I am actually doing a small amount of work, I’m writing an ebook for my dad’s blog, which I hope to have finished before DD). These burgers don’t take very long at all, and so are perfect for days working behind the computer, or out of the house.
- 250 gm beef mince
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp hot English mustard
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with hands until combined.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in large frypan, fry patties until browned on both sides.
- Serve with your choice of salads, bread and condiments.