Almost 12 months ago, I posted this picture. It was our goal to have an adventurous year, and I had always heard that if you write things down, you’re more likely to achieve them.
Obviously, we didn’t achieve all of the things on the list, but some things were out of our reach, and on top of the things that we did do, we did so many more.
Some explanations of things that we didn’t achieve:
- We booked tickets to Sydney for a weekend, and when the time came around, we couldn’t afford the weekend. So we voided our tickets and had a lovely weekend at home instead
- The day came where we were standing and waiting for the helicopter ride, J had called and checked that they were flying this day, but for some reason, once we got there, they decided that they no longer were flying.
- I love Jamie’s 15 minute meals, but they were too expensive for us. It was too impractical to buy ingredients for individual meals. We cooked a few and they were absolutely delicious.
Other things that we achieved this year:
- I got to visit Perth and the Gold Coast for blogging conferences – something that wasn’t even on my radar this time last year and I’m so honoured to have been welcomed into this amazing community.
- We were honoured to be able to attend 4 weddings and help celebrate these relationships throughout this year.
- Well, there’s a baby on the way. That’s pretty exciting.
It was fun to have the list there, and I don’t feel bad for not completing the list. I’m already thinking of what can go on the list for 2014.
Do you set goals/resolutions? What are some that you have in mind for 2014?