I had a plan!
Food is usually involved in my plans.
It had to be great, inspired… The pressure was all coming from me.
The motivation was to use some of our preserves, the inspiration, this post.
On the way home I bought some Otway Free Range Pork.
Dinner was easy, but so delicious.
I added to the minced pork, some diced onion, some soy sauce, egg whites we had maturing in the fridge, and a dash of our home-made tomato sauce.
It was all squelched together and set into the fridge.
What’s your favourite lazy night dinner?
- Fresh Whole Beetroot
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash beetroot thoroughly and boil in water until tender.
- Cool and remove skins.
- Cut beetroot into slices.
- Place all other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 mins and then strain.
- Pack beetroot slices into hot sterilised jars and top with vinegar mixture.
- Seal and store in cool place.